Backlogs caused by COVID-19 restrictions may still cause delays to getting work done in your property. If you already have a Home Energy Scotland Loan offer, it will be valid for six months paydayloanstennessee.com/cities/sevierville/ from date of offer, so you can claim your loan once your delayed installation is complete.
If you are applying for a Home Energy Scotland Loan, you will need a quote from an installer to support your application. You can start your application now and save it for completion once your chosen installers have been able to provide quotes.
Up to 40% cashback for some eligible energy efficiency measures and 75% for certain renewable heating systems (based on total costs and capped at a maximum value) is now available. Cashback is subject to availability while funds last or until the end of the financial year – whichever is sooner. Funds are reserved for customers when their loan is offered.
- Under ?5,000: 5 years
- ?5,000 – ?9,999: 10 years
- More than ?10,000: 12 years.
- Funding operates on a first-come, first-served basis and is subject to availability, or until the end of the financial year – whichever is sooner.
- After we receive your application, we’ll assess whether you’re eligible and carry out affordability and credit checks. If your application is successful, we will send you a loan offer.
- You cannot start work on any installations until you’ve received the loan offer in writing. If you receive a loan offer this financial year you have up to six months to carry the work out and claim your funding.
- You may be able to combine the Home Energy Scotland Loan with other schemes and incentives; eligibility for the loan is not indicative of eligibility for any other programmes of support. Call us on 0808 808 2282 or email us for more information.
- Self-builders can apply for home renewables systems under the loan (not energy efficiency). You will need to provide planning permission documents with your application and title deeds with your claim.
- If your application’s successful, you’ll need to pay an administrative fee of 1.5% of the total loan value – up to a maximum of ?150 for each application.
Supporting documents – energy reports
To see if you already have an EPC for your property, or to search for EPC assessors in your area, check the Scottish EPC register. You can supply your EPC reference number when applying – you don’t need to send us a paper copy.
You’ll also need to get an updated EPC after you’ve had the work done, and before we can issue loan funds.
You’ll also need to declare in writing that you haven’t installed any other measures since your last EPC was produced.
You’ll need to pay for any required EPCs, but you can add the cost of these to the loan if you want to.
Please note, if you’re planning to apply to another financial incentive scheme alongside the loan you should check eligibility criteria to ensure you can meet the requirements of both schemes.
If you install a renewable heating system and apply for Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) payments you will need to declare any cashback funding. This will be deducted from any eventual RHI payments.
You can use the RHI Calculator to estimate how much you could receive. If interested in receiving RHI payments you should first check the eligibility requirements carefully.
See Energy Saving Trust’s Renewable Heat Incentive and Smart Export Guarantee pages for more information about these schemes. The loan is not linked to other schemes, eligibility for the loan is not indicative of eligibility for any other incentives and eligibility criteria may differ.